Thread: My Job
View Single Post
Unread 24 Jan 2006, 19:19   #1
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
My Job

I got a letter in my pigeonhole about two weeks ago, informing me that there was going to be an advertisement coming up in a week in the TES.

The advertisement is going to be for my job.

At the moment I teach ICT and Business Studies for 60% of the weekly timetable. For 40% of the time I cover lessons of teachers that are sick, or on courses, or whatever.

In September the position becomes fulltime (100% of the timetable).

I just assumed that they'd automatically offer it to me.

Apparently not.

The TES is the main teachers newspaper (The Times Educational Supplement) so lots of teachers are likely to see it.

I was given prior warning in the form of a letter which I suppose is positive, but I have to reapply for my job.

This involves filling out an application form, doing a covering letter, etc.

It just seems really silly - especially as my references are going to be the people who decide whether I get the job.

It all seems a little bit like a kick in the face, and has been a little depressing for me actually.

* Firstly, I might not get the job when I reapply. I might not even get through to the interview. That'd be so crushing.
* Secondly, I thought I'd just be offered the job and be in control of what happened.
* Thirdly, I'm not sure if I want to remain at this school. I enjoy it most days, but some days are just utter crap and exhausting (I suppose it's the same for most jobs though). The commute is shit too - 1.5 hours each way each day.

The deadline is tomorrow, and I have my application form completely done. My covering letter was done, but then I got my English teacher friend to look at it and she "revamped" (she gave me an F+ for it!) it for me, so I need to redo it.

I'm going to reapply for the job, give it my best shot, and if I don't get it I'll feel shit and worthless until August, when I have to get a new job. Hooray!