View Single Post
Unread 22 Nov 2006, 21:04   #79
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Jesus rejected for Christmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travler
So we have 3 basic points.

If Yahwe choose to be a father he has several ways to achieve this.
1. Yahwe has intercourse with a female(s) until one concieves and gets pregnant. The easiest option in terms of financial and may be easiest to achieve provided that Yahwe's desire to be a father outweighs his normal homosexual tendancies. Highly unlikely but its the cheap way out.
2. Yahwe adopts a child. Expensive and time consuming. May be difficult to achieve as a homosexual even in a relationship as some aspects of society still do not give equal treatment to alternative lifestyles.
3. Yahwe pays for a woman to be artificially inseminated with his genetic contribution. The woman can be lesbian or straight depending on the agreement. I have heard of lesbian woman and gay men cooperating in this manner to have both parties aquire children. The lesbian couple gets a child from the gay partners and the gay partners get a child from the lesbian couple. 2 Children 4 adults 2 families and then maybe they all remain friends.
I am not familiar with UK law, and was under the impression that they did not allow homosexual couples to legally adopt children(if I am wrong, apologies). Option 3 is extreme at best... and I'm still not fully convinced that you didn't just pull this one out of your butt for argument sake.

Quote:
I saw a funny movie about one of these turn the gays and lesbians straight camps and the movie ended with everyone just lying about to their parents about who they really were. You cannot force someone to change. Change comes from within. You might get a reaction but it has to be up to the person to desire to change.
It's a horrifying concept honestly. Change comes within, but only to a certain point. Sexual orientation cannot be changed, and should not be forced to be change. You can't force yourself to desire a guy's anatomy, and neither can I.

Quote:
I cannot change Yahwe. I don't want to change Yahwe. In truth from what I have read I'm not so sure he would make a good parent. Kids need strict boundaries and absolutes to learn what is right and what is wrong. He might teach his children a world of grey where stealing is ok if you don't get caught but helping others is not always right or something.
Who are you to say what makes a good parent? I could argue that your undoubted brainwashing of your kids early on with religion makes you almost as bad as hitler's youth program way back when, but I won't. Yahwe I think would make his kids learn somewhat harshly to think for themselves, as opposed to you who will give them no choice in their beliefs whatsoever.

The world is black and white? Maybe in a few cases. There are many others which aren't. Abortion due to rape? Capital punishment for saddam hussein? Stealing from a thief, etc. If you can't see that there are grey areas... well, how exactly would you tell a rape victim that she couldn't have the kid inside her removed? The only people who don't see grey areas are the ones devoid of a good portion of their humanity.

Yes, kids need a set of boundaries early on, but not to the point where they cannot develop either. I lived under a strict rock for the first fair years of my life... and guess what: I have problems socializing decently at parties, I tend to not be able to mingle well with random people I don't know... the list goes on in that department. Why? because I had strict restrictions placed on me all the way till 17. Do your kids a favor and allow them at least some shred of decision-making for themselves some day.
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote