View Single Post
Unread 22 Nov 2006, 15:19   #75
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Jesus rejected for Christmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travler
Wakey you don't seem to understant God at all. God wants you to be everything HE has called you to be. He did give you a mind to question things and figure things out. Why would God not want you to use your brain?

Seriously I did not just walk into a church, get hit with a cattle prod, find myself tied up to a chair, and forced to listen to Gospel music until I converted. It was nothing like that at all. I made the choice. I made the decision. And yes there are days when I have my doubts. I rethink everything that led me to believe and yet over the past 2 years since I became a believer I still believe.

God still amazes me. I was playing PA last night and I wanted to covert op a planet attacking my galaxy and God said not to do it. I thought why not and did it. The covert op failed. Why would he even bother to assist me with a war game? Not sure on that one but I need to learn to listen to him cause he is right every time.

By the way I am already a parent with 2 children of my own and 3 in total in my household.
I would argue that if there is a god and he is ‘good’ as Christians claim then in fact I understand him more than any of you bible bashers. A good god after all isn’t a vein, judgmental, megalomaniac and he certainly wouldn’t be happy with the people acting in a bigoted, close minded manner in his name

Those of us who value the gifts we have (be them god given or simply a case of science/nature) and try and use them to their full potential to try and better ourselves while living in a manner that is as helpful, good and kind to those around us as possible is the exact kind of person

As for your comment about him helping you at PA, are you sure you don’t belong in a mental institute. Humans are self aware and know what’s right and wrong, this isn’t anything to do with god speaking to you but a combination of our make up of our brain and our society conditioning us. Covert ops is a tactic which is a little ‘sneaky’ and as such you found yourself questioning yourself as to its legitimise of use. After all do you really think a god has time to help you play PA while he doesn’t have time to sort out less insignificant problems affecting the world? If you really do think he has time to talk to you either need to check into a mental institute or have a bit of an ego check as you’re not that important

And you last sentence really isn’t relevant; it doesn’t matter if you have kid’s or not it was a hypothetical situation in response to you questioning Yahew ability to bring up a kid well. A lot of people in this world have kids, a large amount of them bring them up in a manner which doesn’t leave them being well rounded individuals so having kids is hardly a good measure of your parenting ability
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote