View Single Post
Unread 18 Oct 2006, 17:42   #7
Dom32

Dom32 will become famous soon enoughDom32 will become famous soon enough
Re: Research/construction suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeRob
Why would buildings be more expensive for people with a higher income? I mean, what's the 'real world' justification for this? Sure, you could argue that builders on a rich planet might want paying more for their services, but I think that's stretching realism a bit too far. As for determining cost by number of roids, that's what Mining Stations do. Say a Mining Station takes 24 hours to build - that 24 hours of lost construction time would make a much bigger difference over the course of a round than the current system of escalating costs does, and would only hit the players with lots of roids, leaving the newbies and lowbies unaffected.
The real world justification for it would be the way in which people who have higher incomes get a higher % income tax on the amount they earn over a certain value this is basically the same idea. I didn't really understand your idea about mining stations the first time you said it but have to say Im warming up to it now but one small querey how would it work at the start i.e. can you mine any roids without a mining station.

I still dont like the idea of having all of the constructions as a flat cost at leat certainly not all the way through maybe go for an idea where the first few constructions have the cost going up and then leave it constant at say 20 constructions. There has to be a max number of constructions or the scanners and dist whores will build all round and thats of no benefit to anyone and they can afford to due to ally fund. Hope that answers your questions but loving the mining station idea now
Dom32 is offline   Reply With Quote