Thread: Hello PA Team
View Single Post
Unread 22 Jul 2003, 17:00   #18
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by NEWSBOT3

in a round of 15k paid compared to 15k free planets, there are of course going to be much less cheaters via multiing etc, since its costing them something to do it.
This statement caught my eye, most people who play this game and most pay to play games, expect to get there moneys worth, this leads a lot of people to cheat wether it be by account sharing or having several planets the entire game dynamics of PA isnt designed to be a productive p2p design because it isnt customer friendly, you cant have a purely p2p game where your customers get attacked non stop and lose interrest which is why pa has been dying for a long time, r10 from what ive seen, and what ive seen on the beta test might solve some of this but by solving it, they cut out one of the parts which atracted people to this game and made it prosper, that was the war aspect, the new bits are all good for new people but for those of us who like wars and like to fight, will find the game very dull and stale and thus spinner is going to have to hope he can replace the ever dwindling memberbase with fresh ones or this game will die within 12 months at best.

and on that note, the direction Planetarion is going for r10 has already been running successfully for quite a long time and is free, thus i cannot see a new memberbase flocking to play a game with a bad atmosphere that costs money with a small memberbase, and inept anti cheater system which is very biased towards those in the crew which has a hell of a lot of corruption in it, when there are alternatives with a larger memberbase a better community and when its free.

whats the bets that there will be a round 11? will anyone give me 10:1 ?