View Single Post
Unread 18 Sep 2006, 11:19   #38
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Expantion OF PA Community.

The nick registration alone makes Netgamers 100 times more suitable for Planetarions needs that Quakenet is and is likely to ever be.

Could it be better, ofc it could and quite frankly I’ve often found those in charge of the network to come across as ‘little hitlers’ when it comes to attempts to discuss ways to make the network more suitable not just for PA players but other games which may use or consider to use the network.

The main thing in our advantage using this network is we are still a ‘big fish’ in a small pond and a ‘big fish’ that has partner status. This gives us some power to push for changes which we wouldn’t have on Quakenet where we would be a ‘small fish’ in a big pond and one that due to Multiplays partner status would almost certainly lock us out of ever getting partner status

Not to mention this community moved away from using dalnet and quakenet along time ago to move to the ‘Netgamers’ network and the communities now based around this network and moving it over would cause massive amounts of problems. If we do what you said and connect to Quakenet and join our usual channels some of them will land us in channels belonging to others and while some of these may not be a problem others would be. For example when I’ve joined other networks and my perform hasn’t been set up right and its started running it some channels have been already taken on these networks, ones that include channels like #f-crew which are vital for our alliance and are channels our alliance is well known to use. And while we can register our usernames on Quakenet and I believe a whois may even show what username you’re logged into we probably won’t get a lot of our well established usernames so even if everyone gets in the habit of double-checking the whois to make sure who they are talking to is who they intended to talk to

What we need to do is as a community and with PAteam and Jolts help as official Partners and perhaps with the help of other games represented on this network and people who maybe would like to move to this network start pushing for real changes to what possible and policy to make it more user-friendly. I know the alliances tried this a while back and NG’s were pretty much unresponsive to any change but if we keep on at them they cant keep ignoring us and we can try and make this network which is better suited for the game than any of the public networks ive used even better
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote