View Single Post
Unread 18 Sep 2006, 00:18   #15
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Expantion OF PA Community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quakenet FAQ
Can I register my nickname?

QuakeNet does not use a nickname reservation service, such as NickServ, to reserve nicknames. As a result of this, you cannot register your nickname on QuakeNet. If a nickname is available, any user is allowed to use it.

However, this does NOT apply to the nicknames of IRC Operators, Helpers and Network Services, due to security related issues. If a user uses any of these nicknames, or similar nicknames, an operator may immediately disconnect the user from the network WITHOUT prior notice.

You can register a Q account with your nickname though, and the account is named after your current nick. But after that, it doesn't matter what nick you use. Basically, you can't create a Q account with name XYZ unless your nick is XYZ when you create it.

Explain to me the difference. From what I can see, other users can steal your nick any time they want. You cannot stop them using this nick. There is a QuakeNet registration service, but it gives you no power over the nickname itself.