View Single Post
Unread 11 Dec 2010, 16:37   #30
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of
Re: Congratulations Apprime, HaSu and 7:6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
Let's be honest here, this was a very poor round. I have no respect for anyone who did anything this round with the exception of apprime, and yes that includes hasu and 7.6. I mean, I assume respect has to mean something above and beyond "you managed to finish at the top of the rankings", which is self-evident after all.
Fair enough, but this is a congratulations thread.
Quote:
If we go back to where this emerges from, in terms of this thread, we have theam disagreeing that one, some or all of the three you mentioned "earned" their victories. Now, as far as I'm aware hasu finished ahead of henrik due to massive salvage donations. I have no idea how he "earned" those. Sure he logged in and attacked enough to be in the position for these to get him to #1 but if that's all you were trying to say why bother saying it? If you look at 7.6 I'm not sure if that galaxy has been attacked at all this round. Again they were obviously active enough to get to and stay at #1 but y'know 'duh'. Even for apprime I imagine a round like this feels a lot less satisfying than round 32 or 34. I know that the different rounds I've won always meant more or less to me because of what we'd done during those rounds, and indeed in some cases meant basically nothing.
Theam's post was a pure flame and he showed little interest in parttaking in either this threads purpouse or discuss it. HaSu were #1 before asc-fleets started suiciding on him, henrik's salvage came from mostly planets that spent most of the round in app-tag. HaSu, being in a weak'ish gal, had to fight to keep ahead all round. It was in no way an easy ride. You can ask dlr/xvx if they gave HaSu anything for free aswell. As for App taking more pride in previous wins; i'm most definatly certain they do. I dunno what kind of incs 7:6 had, so not gonna comment on them as a gal.
Quote:
This is not about not winning in any sense. I do not care about winning solely for the sake of it. The fact is that this was a dire round with so little worth remembering in it disgusts me. My opinion is that this is not how this game should be played. If you disagree you have my pity. The first line of your post really sums things up though. You're an idiot. However all men are redeemable. I hope your post is just angry bluster and not an actual tacit acceptance that there's nothing worth learning from that happened this round.
I have never claimed this round to be interesting or fun, at all. I've been bored to hell myself. I'm just pointing out that there are more factors in play than imp's desicion not to hit app at the time in question.

As for me being an idiot; since when have i claimed to be anything else?

And yes, marginalization of people undeserving of it(App/7:6/HaSu) angers me.

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote