View Single Post
Unread 11 Dec 2010, 16:37   #29
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Congratulations Apprime, HaSu and 7:6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenViking View Post
Asc had the option to halt app
No. We had the option to get massacred by Apprime. This is entirely in line with your own post, in which you correctly state they outwarred and outroided us. Arguable, the failure to realise how close Ascendancy were to giving up is what blew your chances.

Seeing no other way to really make the round interesting, some of us hit Imperia and some of us just stopped playing, with more and more people from the former group moving into the second group as the round progressed. The "war" against the horde was a direct result of this quitting, along with the shitness of certain members of Ascendancy.

If your war against ND/CT ever finished (I'm not sure if it did, enlighten me), all other alliances worth mentioning would've been reduced to rubble (us by Apprime, CT/ND by you), leaving just you and Apprime. Apprime would then have had the option to nap you and win, or fight you and win.

The alternative suggested by Ascendancy was coordinated targetting of Apprime, which would knock them down to managable levels (as mass incomings always do). This would've been good for everyone except Apprime:
* It would have kept Ascendancy at least interested in the round.
* While it would by no means guarantee Imperia's round win, it at least kept you in the running. This is true even if you believe it also kept Ascendancy in the running, which I would contest but is irrelevant to the point.
* Cooperation against a shared enemy would also have lowered tensions between Imperia and CT/ND, even without the explicit promise by ND/CT that they would not resume hitting you, which Titos unreasonably and unrealistically insisted on.

As for Apprime, napping Imperia was a masterstroke. I'm not sure if the it was really necessary, but it did reduce the risk of facing a unified universe by an order of magnitude.

I don't know if Cardinal intentionally planted Firebird in Imperia, but even if he didn't, Firebird's presence there certainly didn't hurt Apprime's interests. Furthermore, Cardinal's refusal to break the nap with Imperia, even when the risk to their #1 finish was next to nothing, testifies of an interest in more than a single round win.

I don't think it compares to some of the political play we've seen in previous rounds, but it's certainly a massive improvement over Apprime's usual (i.e. absent) political strategy. If they can keep that up, I expect good things from them in the future. A win well earned.

[edit] I see that some of my points have been made by rUl3r as well.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote