Thread: Re: Israel
View Single Post
Unread 28 Jun 2006, 22:55   #27
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Israel

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
Did you skip all your history classes, or were you born ignorant?
If the palestianians had done what you accuse them off, resorting to violence as a first resort, then they would have actually killed the jewish settlers as they arrived (and we are speaking before 1948 here).

(Sadly, they were to nice to do that)
I really don't care about the history. My opinion is based on what I am aware of now (and I suppose during my lifetime), and they seem so bent on violence, that it lowers my opinion of their cause.
If, as could (but perhaps shouldn't , maybe you could clarify if I'm misunderstanding...) be implied from your reply, the (or at least 'a significant') cause of today's violence really is due to what happened over 60 years ago, then maybe it's time to 'forgive and forget', and see what happens- it might work, who knows?
If they want to carry on, as Deffeh says, in an attempt to keep people aware of what's going on, that's their prerogative, but no matter how much people like you decide to insult my intelligence, it's not going to make me feel sorry for them.

Quote:
Israel have the military superiority, they should back down first.
Why?