Thread: Remembrance
View Single Post
Unread 7 Nov 2007, 22:27   #32
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Remembrance

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
tbh most of you posting on this thread are a complete and utter disgrace to humanity.

I know some of you may be in countries that don't observe it and others of you may have concerns over current wars being fought or wars fought in the past but to show such little respect for the men and women who have been brave enough to step up to the plate and fight for their country is just disgraceful.
Quote:
If you really dont agree with remembering those who gave their life for us then thats your prerogrative but you dont have to mock their sacrifice
Who gave their life for me? And in what way was it for me?
I do remembrance for all the antifascists who died fighting fascism, but I do it by combating fascism on my own. That some soldier died protecting a false border, the notion of capitalism, the interests of the ruling class or whatever has shit to do with sacrificing anything for me.

Why am I a disgrace to humanity just because I won't honor them?

Quote:
Strangely though I'm not surprised by the response, it just highlights the problem with society today. On the whole whole it seems the younger generations today are just a bunch of disrespectful and clueless idiots who seem to think the are the centre of the universe. They forget that the freedoms they take for granted are only there because people before them have laid down their lives to gain and protect them
Hahahaha. The freedoms we "take for granted" are in what way fought for by the armed forces? I'l give you that after a while some of Europe's countries stepped up to the plate and started fighting in WW2. The freedoms I take "for granted" as you put were fought in by civil rights activists, union workers, women liberators, hippies, students, antifascists while the army was COMBATING them in the streets. In my opinion, it you who are clueless and disrespectful.