View Single Post
Unread 29 Dec 2006, 15:48   #11
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Ideologies of hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
Jonny if I've understood what you are saying (of which there is no guarantee) I think you're getting your causation wrong fairly dramatically. Most people don't slip into "us versus them" views because it's a quirk of the human condition that we enjoy doing so; there's usually a "thing" that makes "us" angry, and the people doing the "thing" are "them". I don't see what's inherently illegitimate about this approach, and I really can't understand how you came to your interpretation. (If that is your interpretation. It's quite hard to tell because frankly two out of every three sentences in your post were exercises in melodrama and it was hard reading.)
Our distaste generally arises due to the fact we fail to understand a lot of what other people are after. Most people don't live their lives in dramatically different ways.

Also melodramatic writing is so **** you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
That doesn't necessarily imply hate though. I'm a man, which could be restarted as "I am not a woman" but that doesn't mean I'm necessarily going to be antagonistic to this "other" or want to live separately from them or whatever.
Indeed it does not. What I described as ideologies of hates are a subset of exclusionary ideologies, not the totality of them!