View Single Post
Unread 27 Oct 2011, 13:30   #15
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light
Re: its a FREE ROUND

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
No, assuming the goal of Planetarion is "doing well" or "enjoying myself", which catches about 99% of the player base, Gzambo is wrong. Signing up multiple planets if no one else is, gives you better odds of landing in a good or friendly galaxy. Similarly, if everyone does it, not doing it gives you worse odds of landing in a good or friendly galaxy. Landing in a good galaxy helps you do well, landing in a friendly galaxy goes a long way to allow you to enjoy the game. Ergo, signing up multiple planets is clever, which is pretty much the opposite of idiotic.

Note: I did not say it was right or legal or good for the game or anything else you may have inferred, but it is clever.
This approach polutes the quality of the playerbase of the game.
I.E. play in a buddy pack where you are having to constantly exile dead planets aka the multiple sign ups planets that didnt get the desired galaxy and are no longer logged in.

When there is suffient polution you start killing off the playerbase and inturn
I.E. conversations in gal channel "im ****ing sick of having to exile dead planets why cant we get any decent randoms if this keeps up I cant be arsed to play PA anymore"
What also adds to playing PA is interaction in the gal channel
When you have more gal mates it adds to this effect.

"Doing well" in a game that dies off has no real meaning/value/purpose.

So what if 1 person does this and then the competition starts to take up signing up multiple planets
What I would call "keeping up with the jones"

Remember R15 with 1up and exil signing up vsh support planets?
One of the "Clever" buggers decided to have these support planets so the other thought we had better to do the same to neutralise this advantage.
(keeping up with the Jones) whilst the rest of the playerbase is stuck with the inactive gal mates.
A good example on how this was poluting the quality of the player base.

So people who do not have the foresight to realise that this action will eventually make the game play worse for them in the long run after they have made it worse for others (the genuine players) who get the raw end of the polution.

Are infact not clever hence Gzambo is correct in what he says.