Thread: Bring back PDS
View Single Post
Unread 13 Apr 2018, 03:02   #20
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bring back PDS

Putting value into something (PDS) that only benefits you is pretty silly.

Less resources into ships to attack (teamup) and defend your galaxy/alliance.

Sure it might plug a hole in your fleet, but would it really help? On paper, yes. In practice, no. The hole you need to plug is typically something off-class or would otherwise remove ships from your main attack fleet, which means they're never home anyways. So galaxy/ally would still have to send def against a roid fleet that you had "on paper" covered by getting PDS...while your fleet is out attacking (lets be honest here, folks).

SK's were a fun idea, but a fair few people complained after it was "abused" (I'm guilty, you whiners) and now is basically worthless. Should they be removed? Maybe. Should SD be removed? Maybe, maybe not. The EVE player in me likes seeing things die in fire. Sucks on the other end of the brep, but such is life.

Resource stealers are interesting, but it's also "war only" so meh. Pretty easy to hide resources even for one tick, even if you lose a little by having to cancel an order after one tick.

Not sure what it adds, practically, to the gameplay.

In the "old days" the funny PDS was scanning roids when you had heavy incs (lol waves) so the attackers got un-initiated roids, and usually a fk-ton of them if done right. So you scored 500 roids, a small percent were useful, the rest required resources to be "initiated" and you basically just wasted your time,,,also while making yourself look "roid fat" to the average browser of rankings.

Missed r2 with "holo-roids" but it was basically the same thing, you stole "fake" roids.

I'd look at something like that WAY before PDS suggestions. If SK's and RS are a "trolling" option and rarely used or otherwise side-stepped, whats the point?

Same with PDS.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote