View Single Post
Unread 17 Dec 2005, 14:52   #19
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Google Safe Browsing for Firefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYMM
On an almost related note, what does Leshy think to the idea of Google purchasing Opera?
I've heard about this rumour, but to be honest I doubt it's true.

Opera has always prided itself on it's status as an independent and relatively small software company that only needs to follow it's own rules and agenda. Having themselves bought out by a large company, especially an industry giant such as Google seems to be quite radically against this philosophy.

Having said that, Opera does make quite a bit of it's income due to several strategic partnerships, one of which being Google, and it would offer them quite the chance to go head to head with Microsoft, as the backing of Google would provide quite a considerable platform to do that from.

An alternative option is that they license out Presto, Opera's rendering engine to Google, which Google can then in turn use in a browser of their own, and there have been quite some rumours that Google has been planning to also release a browser of their own, so it's not entirely far-fetched.

At any rate, I personally do not hope that Opera do let Google buy them - I prefer them as that small company that does it's own thing rather than what "the industry" tells them to do. I fear that if they were to be part of the Google family, that would come into jeopardy.