Thread: Simple Dishes
View Single Post
Unread 15 Sep 2006, 11:07   #17
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Simple Dishes

pesto chicken pasta thing

do whatever pasta you like normally.
grill the a chicken breast, you can cover it in olive oil and put chicken oxo cubes on it for a bit of crunch if you like

then its done. just drain the pasta and slice the chicken, put 2 or 3 heaped spoonfuls of green pesto in a saucepan or bowl with both the chicken and pasta in and mix together. you can include vegetables too like grilled peppers which i like to do. then sprinkle some herbs de provence on and black pepper to taste.

dead dead simple and healthy too

another one is crispy chicken, jacket potato and salad.

you should know how to do jacket potato and salad so the crispy chicken is just the same as what i said. cover chicken in olive oil and sprinkle a chicken oxo cube onto the top of it and grill. you can put cheese on the potato but thats not so healthy so try low fat cheese or creme fraiche if you like that

another one thats easy to do is chicken fajitas.

i like to have a red, green and yellow pepper, i put them in a pan and let them soften a little, i then add some mushrooms to cook for a little then i add the sauce, which is from a jar admittedly but its all good. i think i use the old el paso original salsa one. left them bubble over for about 5-10minutes so the peppers and mushrooms can take up the flavour and cook a little more.

while thats going on grill the chicken, once thats done slice it. take the saucepan off the heat and add the chicken and mix it in with the sauce. put in a bowl or something and microwave the tortillas for a minute or so.

voilá. soured cream is a good addition to this too.

Last edited by KaneED; 15 Sep 2006 at 11:12.
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote