View Single Post
Unread 2 Apr 2005, 12:27   #79
*donkie*
Affectionate Nickname

*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Sweepstakes on the pope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androme2
It's actually occured to me, after my sister broke down in tears, how sick all of us are. What do you say to that?
This is what I don't understand. I don't see why people cry about these things. When Diana died, everyone cried but I didn't know why. I was left thinking "Did you know her personally? DId she know you? Would you say you had an emotional connection with her that was similar to the one she had with you? Were you friends? Did you even meet? Did you even hold more than a 30 second conversation with her? No. So stop crying." If I wept half for everyone I'd held half a minutes paitence with after their death, people would call me loopy [probably the same people who cried for Diana]

And it's the same with the pope. In fifteen days, conclave will begin and oh, would you look at that, a new pope! Better than the last because this one can walk, talk, and even open his eyes!

When famous people die, they are replaced by other people.

No offence to your sister man, I'm sure she's cool, I just don't understand the whole "crying for dead famous people".