View Single Post
Unread 6 Mar 2008, 15:53   #31
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of
Re: Remove the scan tech tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
As I stated in the thread linked by Gate I believe that inaccessibility of scans is the single greatest impediment to the new player learning and sticking with the game. Here's a true story about my own personal experience with this in R25

blabla

I wonder how common this story is? I'm not going to waste my time thinking up a solution to this problem that will almost certainly never be implemented. That said, I really hope I'm wrong and that an admin does take an interest in this.
I have to say this IS a perfect example of a good reason to ditch the scanning research. I fully agree with removing the scans researches and just rely on dists/amps, which would still make scanners vauable.

Also, scanners would have more ability to play for real this way.

If you complain that you would removing choices, then think of this: having to make choices is fun for experience dplayers in an alliance, but not fun at all for solo/new players.

I never thought id say it, but Achilles, you convinced me
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote