View Single Post
Unread 5 Mar 2008, 18:27   #28
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Remove the scan tech tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
housemate story
A similar thing happened to me; which is what convinced me you were right. My housemate signed up late in the game. He was alright when I helped him out, but he got a lil bored of the main game. He's really enjoying havoc though, because he can scan stuff and have fun.

He's now downloaded IRC and is looking forwards to joining an alliance when he next has the time to play.

If he'd started the round earlier he would have struggled with scans for longer and may well have quit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
The natural progression for this game does not involve instantly joining an alliance. By creating a game system which requires instead of advising people to join alliances you don't make them feel welcome to the game. There are two aspects to games which succeed. A simple, relatively straight-forward surface game which can be picked up relatively quickly and an in-depth metagame behind it. You get people interested and then you keep them interested.
^^^^My point.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote