View Single Post
Unread 5 Mar 2008, 18:03   #25
Kenny

Re: Remove the scan tech tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbie2
There are two issues that can be dealt with:
1. allianceless players need to do scans research, thus delaying other researches
2. allianceless players need to build their own amps, costing them valuable resources and delaying other constructions

To fix issue 1, there are a number of possible solutions:
- give everybody all or the most essential scans without research (immediately or give a new scan periodically)
- make a parallel research tree for scans that would not delay research on the other tree

I do not see issue 2 as a problem worth fixing at the moment.
There's no point in giving out scans periodically, as it doesn't serve any purpose. If there's a level playing field for all, just give everybody everything at once.

And I agree with you a little here - stop changing the game to favour allianceless players. If you want to play, join up to an alliance. You may not get into a top 10 alliance if you're brand new, but there are around 15-20 'tags' that play on a roundly basis, and it's not like every alliance even asks for IRC activity. ** see my reponses in other threads for the alliance issue. Cba linking.

Continuing to cater for people who're unable to play the game the way it's meant to be played is like telling somebody who doesn't own a computer they can still play World of Warcraft, as the system is changing to a world-wide chain-mail game whereby quests are worked out on paper and sent via Fed-Ex. It's just not right.