View Single Post
Unread 4 Feb 2007, 02:05   #46
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all
Re: influence on religion (past and present) on today's non-religious society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharur
I'm not sure, are you preaching against the church now? Cause it sure sounds like it.
I am not preaching against the church but I do get rather disgusted when church people think that the amount they give signifies their faith. I also get upset that the church leaders are actually trying to get people not to pay their bills and give to the church instead. My blog post was about highlighting scripture regarding paying your debts and how I felt about tithing. Tithing is a good thing and should be done if 10% of your income lost is not going to hurt you or your family.
Quote:
It's not the fools' fault they do that. They're fools because they listen to their priest and the church (not the music band). It's the church that tells people to donate, and they obide(sp?) as the meak (sp?) sheep they are.
Religion has made people into meak (sp?) sheep.
Not sure why we should blame a crazy hermit living in the woods for morality tho? Please elaborate. He's not doing anything wrong, and a there's a big chance that something happened in "the real world" that made him crazy and made him want to live in the woods.?
People convicted with the Holy Ghost will speak in tongues and writhe on the floor. Not much different than some crazy hermit in the woods talking to himself and having fits. Take the money away and it's just fun.
Quote:
Also, what's fun about being confined to a set of rules that you have to accept without doubting them? What's fun about dogmas? What's fun about being brainwashed?
I don't feel brainwashed. I believe because of my personal experiences. Brainwashed mean that you are forced to accept something you normally would not. If you are at a fundraiser for a politician and he asks you for money and you give him money because you want to see him elected are you brainwashed? No you accepted the situation and it was not forced upon you.

Same for me. I accepted the situation and nothing was forced upon me other that what I held myself to. I had some criteria that had to be met before I would become a believer. Only myself and God knew these requirements. When God proved himself to me I believed. The only brainwashing was by me to me to accept what I had litterly asked for.

It's like the expression "You've made your bed now sleep in it."
I made a deal and God came through. So to be right in my head I had to honor my part of the deal. Nobody else knew the deal so they could not influence me. When people ask for proof of God they always ask other people. If you really want proof of God's existance ask for something specific and if you make a deal be prepared to live up to your end of the bargain.

Here is an example:

I will believe that there really is a God if ...................

It should be something only you know about.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote