View Single Post
Unread 1 Feb 2007, 18:53   #29
Mighteh
Your typical Troll

Mighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these parts
Re: influence on religion (past and present) on today's non-religious society

and regarding millenialism, I am unsure that i would like to put my trust into social progress to the point that it will benefit the planet rather then destroying it. Humans are consumers. we do not create anything that would benefit anyhting outside of human race, only consume and give nothing back in return.

So if what is proposed assumes a complete turn around and "mental awakening" of us, as species, and realizing that we REALLY REALLY ****ed up, just like in those pessimistic sci-fi books by Ray Bradbury (not sure of spelling of his name, only read russian translations) i would rather NOT take my chance and try and go to college, eventually, to try and do something about it myself. I know, unrealistic, but sure as hell better point of view and aspirations then just sitting and watching everythign going to utter shit while people who have power to change it do nothing, or say its not withing their power, or benefit, to do so...

Or at least try to awake that idea in minds of whoever i can reach through only thing i can do, talk via internet. After all, all you, and me, are the future. And what it hold we are responcible for. Fixing mistakes of people who are long dead would be ourresponcibility.

quit thinking your parents will fix everything and it will all be just dandy :/

I do find alot of hypocricy in my view, however its how it is. I am pretty set on my views, no matter how hypocritic they are. And i hold them true (as much as u can hold hyporicy true) to my own moral standards, wich are quite subjective after all =)
Mighteh is offline   Reply With Quote