View Single Post
Unread 13 Dec 2006, 02:24   #19
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: ITT: You help me with the culture shock [London]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
in clubs: move toward the middle of the bar, even if there are more people there, and when you get to the bar itself, hunch over it obnoxiously while waving notes at the bar staff. this appears to be the only you will get served quickly
Yeah I've always wondered why people wave notes in the air so the bartender can see them.

I mean, it's not like the bartender will think "oh good that means he has a note so I can work out how much change I'll need. I do like doing that."

It's not like the bartender will think "Oh wow look he has a whole NOTE of money! I'd better serve him as he's rich and important!".

It's not like the bartender will realise "Oh they must need a drink whereas the rest of the people standing here trying to catch my eye are only doing so because they want a friendly chat".

So why do it?

When I was a barman I deliberately ignored people holding money out for as long as possible, as I found it quite rude. It was a reminder that all we were doing was exchanging goods for money and I was the intermediary. It made it much less of a social job having someone wave their money in your face.