View Single Post
Unread 26 May 2009, 21:56   #34
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light
Re: The new "No Recall Rule"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNzI View Post
man some people are just so THICK! you may call me thick for having this opinion, but im definately not wrong on my facts here.
Every responce im reading is basically just bullshit because you think he was helpless and he crashed his ships when he went to work.
let me try again:

He didnt have to check the game at all while he was at work, all he had to do was to check the game when he came back from work, or before he went to bed, or even when he got up for work on the day after! he didnt, so he crashed!

why? because the game was paused for 24 hours!! which means his attack landed 31-32 ticks after he launched it.. It was supposed to land 7, 8 or even maybe 9 ticks after he launched it, so what its pretty obvious most people in this thread thinks, is that it landed 13 ticks after he launched it, or even 20 ticks after. In other words something totally unexpected!

He landed on the exact same time as he was supposed to land the day before, and he had mountains of time before he landed to recall it, and even a few more hours to see when the game was ticking again.

i might be a bit mean, but im defending the rule as it is now because there is NOTHING wrong with it.
I have evening and morning shifts, weekends with work and weekends out of work. My online times and availability variates from day to another. If I was able to stay up tonight and send the attack, doesnt mean I could do it the next day. You do your actions based on suspected availability on the coming days/hours. You cannot change your day rythms based on paused games and hence might not be able to check the launch u made earlier, or run your fleet as you were suppoused to under uncovered inc.

Sure I agree with u, they could have been hurted on other ground regardless, but as I stated earlier, such downtimes always afects the outcomes of the battles. Hence best option would be to force all fleets back home and give everyone a fair option to create the battles again. As there is no way u can satisfy all.