View Single Post
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 12:40   #59
Methedrine
wearing cheap sunglasses

Methedrine is on a distinguished road
Re: So now 1up are a little bit pwned....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback
[...]
On a more serious note it doesnt need blocks atm, the 10-15k difference is nothing huge and there is still plenty of time. The more important question is, do you really think 1up and LCH would just accept their fate in the case you are advocating ? Back we go to blockwars
I remember having read a post by you where you stated that the round is almost half-through (before anybody tries to say it almost is, the post is from quite some time ago) and it is decided not in the last week. In your defence I simply assume you learned from your past mistake or simply learned the science of primary school mathematics.

Your more important question leads to the really important question: why should LCH go and - as you try to subliminally state - cooperate with 1up?
The answer to that question would be pretty simple: LCH would ally with 1up if they'd think they could beat 1up on their own (not taking into consideration possible partners later on - just because it equals back to this situation). Evaluating this more does simply mean "try to estimate 1up's power" - which has been pretty impressive. I simply assume right now that they were benefitting from lesser hostiles so far as they haven't whined as much as 1up has. Considering this it only allows one conclusion: 1up is a damn strong alliance which it is hard to compete with and thus the wiser leader would simply try to avoid such a situation (and a wiser universe maybe as well).

That is actually one of the main reasons why top alliances should be levelled back to the other alliances one-by-one, just to prevent such a situation.

Because then, and I agree on that one , we have block-wars again. And most likely a pretty fast decided one, thus stagnation for most of the universe and a fight between two parties in the end.