Thread: 11/11/11
View Single Post
Unread 12 Nov 2011, 00:25   #9
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: 11/11/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHeart View Post
its not just about remembering 'that one' Armistice day has come to signify so much more than just that day. for so many. and tbh i feel its so relevant to us all regardless of nationality, creed or religion.

It's worth remembering the sacrifices of all of our fallen, not just the fallen from one nation in one war.
Yeah, that sounds nice, but I don't think that's actually possible. By remembering all the fallen, you make an assumption that I believe is incorrect, namely that sacrifice is always worth honouring. I think sacrifice is only worth honouring if the goal is right.

I'll sidestep the precarious question of which side in which war was right and wrong (I'm neither qualified to make that judgement, nor do I believe anyone is), but it should be fairly straightforward to see that if two sides in a conflict have such a fundamental difference of opinion on what the right goal is that they're willing to kill each other over it, then they cannot both be right.

Interestingly, while both sides in a conflict can't be right, they can both be wrong. This is not just true in war, either. If Alice says 1 + 1 is 4 and Bob says that Alice is a ****ing moron and that 1 + 1 is in fact 3, then neither is worthy of our praise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
By 'we' does he mean Americans?? and by 'that one' does he mean WW1??
I'm Dutch. And yes, we lucked out on that one.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is online now   Reply With Quote