View Single Post
Unread 8 Mar 2007, 21:03   #30
milo

milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Evolution of religion

Nonetheless it centres around whether the comfort for the person possessing belief is valid, and should be respected or confronted.

I won't deny that if a form of tyranny tried to impose itself on me id object, and of course in that circumstance id 'fight' whatever facism there was. The girl example is valid since i genuinely don't think religion is anything like a problem its made out to be, in britain at least. It's an exhausted battle that was fought long before my grandfather was born. What we're left with is confronting people not on some meta-philosophical level, but when they're at their most vulnerable and least offensive. When they want nothing more than comfort. I find it distasteful, and to be honest i think many feel the same way. Richard Dawkins is a clever man, but he and his supporters somehow seem to lack the empathy needed to really connect with those they disagree with.