View Single Post
Unread 8 Mar 2007, 20:27   #28
milo

milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Evolution of religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
it doesn't necessarily have to be that action direct from the church affects me, just irrational beliefs (such as religious ones) held by people with power (whether that power is to vote or lynch me). my main beef and therefore example is the one i've already stated, stem cell research. off the top of my head another example might be the end timers in america who seem rather unwilling to prevent global warming because they think the end of the world is a good thing.
Theres really nothing i can say if your main objection is with people in a foreign country wanting some kind of say on how their taxes are spent. I'll just agree to disagree.

Quote:
it's not repressed? i thought there was legislation that prevented the accumulation of stem cells from foetuses or something? even if there were no restrictions to private research ventures (although there are) i still wouldn't agree that simply because an uninformed electorate doesn't agree with it that funding shouldn't be increased to such research.
In a similar way to nod you're dismissing them as being uninformed simply because they disagree with you
Out of curiosity how much do you donate to stem cell research?

But yeah the debate has moved on. Lets say a nine year old girl, brought up as a christian is dying of cancer, and she believes she'll go to heaven and finds comfort in that. In the weeks she has left would you respect her personal beliefs and leave her alone or just tell her her life was ultimately meaningless and that shes deluding herself?