View Single Post
Unread 8 Mar 2007, 04:17   #6
milo

milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Evolution of religion

Is it me or is Richard Dawkins becoming a bit of a knob?

Quote:
The controversy erupted after Dawkins read an excerpt from Kay's autobiography, in which he wrote: "I believe in a God of some kind, in some sort of higher being. Personally I find it very comforting."

The believer-baiting academic responded with contempt. "How can you take seriously someone who likes to believe something because he finds it 'comforting'?" he said.

Believing in something because you find it comforting seems a pretty valid reason to me. You may dispute the verifiability of that belief but to criticise because someone finds it comforting?!?! Is it any different than people who find comfort in the belief that one day the revolution will come and make everything ok?

The intellectual level of his discussions isn't exactly staying high

Quote:
He was criticised recently for describing Nadia Eweida, the BA employee who refused to take off her cross at work, as having "one of the most stupid faces I've ever seen".