Thread: The Cleansing
View Single Post
Unread 2 Feb 2005, 20:45   #26
No Dachi

No Dachi is infamous around these parts
Re: The Cleansing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ärketrollmannen
AllB]No Dachi[/b] This was before i was mad a mod!

I think you were fighting for the "other side" in the civil war, your deamon gave you strange powers when you were weakened by something (physical pain, being upset over something). You were about to start a duel with another char when you ditched the thread

Oh well, won't happen this time. Thanks for the reminders, I have enough to work with now...

Name: Sir Clyde of Nordkust* (alias "No Dachi")
Race: Human, Nidland native

Description Medium-tall height, reasonably slim and well-muscled, dark hair and brown eyes. Rarely seen without his armour, and when without he will generally wear unbecoming garments of the kind a mildly successful merchant might wear. There is a disfiguring scar running down his left cheek, which never really healed over. It retains the appearance of being infected somehow, though if it were, Clyde would be long-since dead. For this reason he wears his helmet wherever possible.

History/Information: As a minor noble of the fishing village of Nortkust*, Sir Clyde fought as a knight of the Nobles in the Civil War. After the army that he was part of was smashed by the King's Revolution several years ago, Sir Clyde managed to escape capture (and likely subsequent execution). Although he had ruled his manour fairly and benevolently, taking little in taxation and lending his intellgience to matters of business, Sir Clyde found himself nonetheless deprived of his feudal feif by the armies of the Revolution, his lands confiscated. Unable to return for fear of capture, Sir Clyde lay low for a few months before wondering the countryside looking for a calling, his armour long since removed of any tell-tale heraldry that would mark him as one of noble birth. He retains a desire to return to his people - as a noble educated by nobles who knew their duty, he believes it his responsibility as feudal lord to protect the less fortunate.

There were a few months more recently where none of his few contacts (mostly mercenaries or innkeepers) saw him at all, after he claimed a quest to some rumoured long-ruined temple in the caverns beneath the mountains to the west. Once he returned again, he had the scar across his cheek, and no recollection of the expedition at all. Rumour would have it that Sir Clyde stumbled across some ancient evil in the forgotten vaults, and that the evil then possessed him through a cut in his cheek - the cut whose scar still shows clear today. No change has yet been noted, however, to the knight;s behavior, and most who speak with him quickly push the rumours toward the back of their minds. A few dark stories of the man possessed by some inhuman strength in combat out in the wilderness do persist, though...

--------------
*To invent a fictional fishing village, I stitched two German words together (except I deliberately spelt "coast" wrong) in the hope that the sound of the name would be appropriate. If indeed it isn't, chasten this fool child.
That Noble Sin; whilst Luxury
Emply'd a Million of the Poor,
And odious Pride a Million more.'

-The Grumbling Hive: or, Knaves Turn'd Honest, Bernard Mandeville
No Dachi is offline   Reply With Quote