View Single Post
Unread 11 Jul 2005, 13:13   #1
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Best PC games ever?

I was just wondering what you thought were the best PC games by genre. Here's some of my thoughts:

RPG:
Fallout 2. The fact that there are a number of ways to complete every quest and that you can act good or bad or somewhere in between makes this a great game. The SPECIAL system of character creation is genius and the fact that your actions affect the end-game is great too, imo no RPG has come close to topping it. Fallout was good too but Fallout 2 is superior.

Strategy:
Rise of Nations. The huge scope, highly detailed tech advancement and the fact that the resources do not deplete over time make for a great game. I played this game pretty much non-stop for a year and while I'm bored of it now I still acknowledge that it's a great game. I'm really looking forward to see what they do with the sequel.

FPS:
Half Life. I haven't played many FPSes since Half Life but none even come close to conveying the atmosphere and story as well as this game does. Half Life 2 was a notable dissapointment.

There are many other genres but I can't be arsed thinking of contenders for them The 3 genres above are the ones I play most anyway.

Also, X-Com is worthy of a mention, a great game. The sequels and remake didn't quite capture the magic of the first. I wouldn't know what genre to classify it as though.