View Single Post
Unread 12 Jun 2008, 20:57   #47
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Work place dilemma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
But my question is why on earth have you put yourself in this situation in the first place?

Please see below for reference on how you should have done this:

Man A wishes to leave present job for year long holiday. Holiday is booked to start 7th August. Man A has contractual notice period of 1 month. Therefore Man A resigns (orally or by letter) on July 6th (to allow time to pack)
Thank you very much for your input Mr "I could have said this two months ago but I was too busy arguing with wakey to bother". As for why I told them before I needed to, I've mentioned my reasons in previous posts.

The point's pretty moot anyway seeing as the cat is out of the bag now. I think I'll just tell them that I'm not putting anything in writing until it's time to give them my one month's notice and let them suck on those apples.

I'd be very surprised if they did sack me now, not only would it be petty I am also pretty much indispensible at the present time (there are parts of my job that nobody else can do right now and there's no way I'd be in a sharing mood if I was sacked and working my notice period). Besides, they'd have to give me one month's notice (as Yahwe says, and as I have checked by rereading my contract) so I'd only miss out on a couple of weeks pay. Would give me time to chill out and organise my trip.