View Single Post
Unread 18 Dec 2004, 00:43   #34
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Bush ready to liberate Cuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan
Thanks. I gave up actually discussing anything seriously on this forum a long time ago. When I tried to explain that the United States won the Vietnam War. The response from at least one person was....

Idiot.

And much more in the same vain. I'm brainwashed from watching CNN, while others on this forum are enlightened from reading alternative news sources.

Europe did not need help in World War II.

Americans killed all the native Americans, or at least a vast majority of them, etc.
I don't think the Vietnam war really had a winner per se, although I'd be interested to hear your interpretation of it. I always felt it was more of a farce than a war. CNN is probably one of the better American news channels. I say probably as the only American news I ever watch is whichever one is shown on sky news at random times of night (this is either cbs or cnn). Obviously there's an essential problem with the amount of foreign affairs coverage that can be shown as clearly domestic news gets a higher priority for nearly all news channels and there's a lot more of America that requires it's news to be told. Europe not needing help in WWII is some sort of insane point which doesn't make sense on any level. Firstly part of Europe was fighting other bits of it. Secondly the bit which you're referring to as "Europe" clearly wasn't doing that well. Would it have pulled through and defeated Hitler's Germany? Possibly, but certainly not in as short a space of time and probably with a lot more casualties.

Obviously the settlers didn't all set out together on a mass extermination campaign of the native americans but most reliable estimates are that up to 80% of the population died due to diseases brought by Europeans and there is a fair amount of evidence that these diseases were intentionally spread (I view it as more of an attack by a minority than a national genocidal campaign). Most of what you stated is rather more complicated than how you stated it. Obviously we have a few rather strange individuals who sort of defy rational debate but overall I'd have to say, speaking as a far economically right-wing anti-democratic libertarian, I find this to be one of the more balanced forums on the internet that I've encountered. Usually you'll find as long as you don't talk down to people and explain your points coherently your views will be accepted, perhaps not as undeniable fact but certainly as worthy of discussion. Unless someone thoroughly debunked your points and you insisted on carrying on like nothing had happened I doubt that there would be that many people on this forum who would insist on calling you an "idiot".