View Single Post
Unread 25 May 2006, 20:45   #24
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Plastic Brilliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by acropolis
thing is, i really don't see this. when it first started out, it was hostile as hell, but after the first year or so i haven't noticed any real hostility. (with the notable exception of yahweh. and maybe sunday sometimes.)

Maybe it's just me but it seems that more and more posts are just 'the usual suspects' posting little quips in threads about how stupid/pointless/retarded/wrong the thread or user are.
Little pointless comments.
Self ego stroking or outright abuse.

And with regards to rep, there was a whole new way to piss people off. Neg repping anonymously about everything and anything. Disagreeing for the sake of it or because you mightn't like that poster. (I was even neg repped for my avatar)

It all builds up to create an uncomfortable place to hang out. Why bother getting such grief from people? It's not like you HAVE to stay here. So people have left and are leaving.

Personally I won't post any more threads here, not because of some sort of protest or harsh feeling. But because I know they won't be recieved well here or even given any sort of decent consideration by a (now)very cliquey userbase. Why should I bother when all I will get is grief, anon neg reps and other such snide reactions.

I've been here since the start of PA, I don't know anyone with a join date as early as mine(aside from JJ). I've arsed around these forums for what is now years. And in all that time I never actually hated what GD had become.
Until now.