View Single Post
Unread 8 Aug 2006, 15:46   #12
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: A Tale of Confusion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
go to page 97 if you want to go through the door and page 36 if you want to investigate the chest
Euphamism alert!

Quote:
Firstly she is going to be in Jersey for the next year, as she's on a sandwich course. She then returns to Loughborough for her final year of university.
Say hi to my university buddy for me - what department is she in, out of interest?

Quote:
on a break
If it ever comes to confrontation, I expect a repeat of certain Friends episodes. You know the ones I'm talking about.

Quote:
I told one of her friends yesterday that I liked Jenny and her response was "errr - it's kind of obvious Tom". I thought I was incredibly subtle and my behaviour just seemed friendly. Apparently not!
Depressing isn't it (I mean this in a sympathetic way, don't hurt me!). The splitting off from the group and chatting was probably a clue though.

PROBLEM ONE
It's really his problem not yours. Yes, it becomes your problem by proxy as it were, but if it's been made clear to him that she isn't interested then he needs to stop moonlighting and get on with things. I've been in that situation before myself and I've not held anything against friends who've done what you are proposing to do. I'm not saying it hasn't been hard sometimes, but it's not worth throwing away a friendship over something you can't get anyway. Hopefully he can see that or can be made to see that. Seconding the "ask him" option.

PROBLEM TWO
She knows you're interested. This is good, because however it goes you're not going to shock her or put her on the spot. If she's interested she'll be happy. If not she's probably thought about how to let you down gently. Being let down is, of course, not nice but at least it's not going to be a case of "aw hell naw!" yelled across a crowded room

PROBLEM THREE
It sounds like he basically is an ex. I assume she knows he's cheated too? Regardless she obviously doesn't feel that strongly about him right now. Is the dude himself likely to cause you any trouble?

Quote:
"Is it a good idea to pursue this, given the social risks involved?"
Yes. Sometimes a guy just has to put himself first, am I right?

All in all it sounds like your best option is just to "blurt it out" although maybe with a bit more style! Like I said, she'll be prepared anyway.