View Single Post
Unread 25 Jun 2007, 16:16   #2
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Rape sentence too 'lenient'

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo
[url=http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6237480.stm]
If the rape was a 'statutary rape' ie she 'consented' but was below the age of consent, and the man thought she was of legal age and had consented - why shouldn't that result in a lesser sentence?? surely the culpability is reduced??
From the article it seems that she didn't consent anyway. In which case the punishments do seem a bit light.

If she had consented though then I agree, it should definitely be taken into account.