View Single Post
Unread 3 Sep 2006, 01:45   #17
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: What Do You Like Drink While Gamming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
It's not about us "beating the system". It's about you making a shit decision.

Firstly you're a mod for AR (and temporarily for AD, because the workload is too much for lok apparently). Not GD.
Secondly he hadn't broken any rules.
Thirdly even if he had, is it cause for a ban? If I advertised a product on these forums would I be banned too?
Fourthly it's hardly encouraging for new posters is it? For all we know he might just be a new poster who's a bit shit at making threads. No wonder the number of posts on GD is in decline.
It's 1.30am. There are no other mods online. I'm not even sure why I'm online myself.

A mod is a mod, perhaps with the exception of the RP mods who do keep to themselves. If we see spamming or advertising, we get rid of it to the best of our abilities and ban the user responsible - in particular where it's by a user who has just registered (which is a very common feature). It doesn't matter where I mod to be honest, experience comes with time spent in the post, the forum itself rarely matters so much (except the Strategy forum and the Helpdesk). AR itself has to be intensively modded to keep it easily accessible for newbies.

Telling me that the guy's broken no rules is a clear sign of desperation, since those rules were written in 2002 before advertising in this way became common. Finally, Clause 1.

As for new posters, those with a shred of intelligence (which many new posters to GD have) will see that this guy was banned for the reasons that I've stated. If you're suddenly concerned about GD declining then perhaps, just perhaps, the treatment of cross-over posters from PD and AD should be given a higher priority than spammers who are a little more compentent than the usual bunch.