View Single Post
Unread 10 Mar 2009, 14:57   #347
Zoro

Zoro has a spectacular aura aboutZoro has a spectacular aura aboutZoro has a spectacular aura about
Re: An open message to Planetarion

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post
As people seemed to broadly come to accept my conclusions earlier in the thread, once again a lot of you drive into hysteria.

The facts here are simple. Ascendancy has clearly been receiving less incoming of late and Conspiracy have taken a bit of damage from them. Two nights is nothing in planetarion, particularly this round. I'm sure people would like to think it's over for CT but the fact is they still retain the most income and value growth, apart from the value they crash. Their roid count remains reasonably stable at above the 100k level and remarkably, still the highest. What that means is that they are still very much a factor in this round and people dismissing them are very foolish indeed. The fact that CT might not be runaway winners (although they can still very much win) should not be a point of controversy. It was necessary for everyone else to have a chance.

What we are approaching is the exact outcome that I predicted JBG would aim for, namely a four horse race. So while some might view this post as a ridiculous rant, its objectives have been achieved. Ascendancy now have a 10-20% chance of winning (and certainly the lowest of the four) and political manoevre is now very difficult for every alliance. Why have I pitched it so low? Because Ascendancy's rivals are gaining 17.5% more resources and the rebound in their roid count is from a position where it was very very low and CT was earning up to 50% more. This also factors in the inevitable backlash should Ascendancy do too well for other people's liking.

So really we're as we were. If anyone has a problem with this analysis of the current situation in planetarion, feel free to argue it.
lokken
I don't know if you are from ascendancy (i presume you are). What I know is you are spouting the usual (play our chances down) rubbish.
10% to 20% chance for an ASC win. It's more like 50% to 60% chance and of course you know that.
But to seal the deal you lot will continue to play down the chances until you are strong and impossible to stop.
Why does everyone buy it round after round?
Zoro is offline   Reply With Quote