Thread: r28 predictions
View Single Post
Unread 15 Aug 2008, 03:40   #220
smith-

smith- is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: r28 predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoX View Post
The fact you refused to get involved in fighting anyone else when sides were forming showed you believed yourselves to be weak, fine with fencesitting to a decent rank and not able to fight for #1, it frustrated political efforts on all sides of the fight for top spot. Question to you: Why should ND/Denial/Asc fight each other all round for top spot letting CT beat all of us anyway by doing nothing but gal raiding? (which was going to happen)

Because u'd had "no" incs also meant u were all sat on fat rosey planets that just screamed "LET ME GIVE YOU A TON OF ROIDS FOR MASSIVE XP" especially for Denial who had a lot of low value planets perfect for XP whoring because we'd been hit hard for long periods of time. You could say that CT were perfect targets for us because they werent "war torn".

Also a playerbase that has avoided incoming all round can easily be persuaded into giving up after a few nights of heavy incoming, i'm not saying this was the idea behind hitting CT, but it would have been a valid enough reason. I have to congratulate CT here for managing to gear up their members to fight back and provide a very decent attempt at claiming #1.
Good answer.

Still, Denial's win was still on the back of several 'external factors', and was marginal at best. I think the reason people are becoming aggrevated with you (specifically you, but also certain other Denial members) is because you're acting like it was all your (Denial's) doing. Certainly, nobody's saying that you didn't have to work for your victory - but if you'd show a little humility and admit that it could have been so very different, then people would be more receptive to you.

Congrats on your victory for R27, but do remember that the term 'best' is eternally subjective and using it as such a generalisation will cause conflict - especially on an internet forum.

I hear that you're trying something "new" this round - good luck with that. You had a problem with another HC of yours creating a poor public image for your alliance and and you blamed a bad reputation for the amount of incoming you received as a result. Should that have been the case, be weary of falling into the same trap.

And I only mention this new thing, as this is meant to be a R28 thread. Can we not get back to discussing that please? Only Asc is allowed to thread-hog like this mate :P