View Single Post
Unread 10 Dec 2009, 00:19   #49
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Support planet rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
What my grievance with out of tag def is that the nature in which it is used. I will go into more detail.

Some players/allys having dedicated support planets just for the sole purpose to def planets. whilst not high enough score/value to be worthwhile in tag. you can be lucky and get some sad bastard... er volunteer to be a support planet rather playing properly (and might have made the cut to be in the proper tag)... or most cases you get players making up additional accounts and access them in a way that they hope that they can get around the rules. either by the use of proxies or using addtional computers with different ip addresses (either local or remotely accessed) and keeping the accounts "seperate"

with some folks using the above and some not this creates an unfair advantage/see this as a form of multi-ing.
It's either multiing or it's not. Out of tag planets aren't relevant. It's also in no way an unfair advantage. Getting other people to help you is part of the essence of an interactive multiplayer game. Unless there are different limits in place on different people this is just not unfair and if you think it is you are just flat out wrong.

Quote:
A way to remedy this is having an alliance limit and also hard coding out of alliance out of gal defense thus making a support planet pointless.

You might call this restricting gameplay options, I call it keeping PA fair for ALL players.
You'd be wrong. For the above reason I stated. Please don't just repeat your bullshit when it's wrong. If the rules are the same for every player when they start the game then the game is by definition fair. If you think out of tag defence is unfair when it isn't breaking any rules you are objectively wrong.

Quote:
One of the reasons why fighter and corvette (fi/co) class ships are so popular as an attacking fleet is that it is harder to defend against it than frigates,destroyers,cruisers,battleships (fr,de,cr,bs) one of the reasons for this is unless the support planet is in the same cluster / gal or is able to get the launch right whilst the inc is prelaunched and still in base they cant meet the required travel time (eta).

Fr/de/bs/cr can still be defended against with a lower class of ship and still meet the same eta.

Having to choose a fi/co fleet as a non xan instead of a bs/cr fleet is what I call restricting my gameplay options (as I love having a bs/cr fleet and having the option to do a fake) just to "counter" support planets from defending against me.
You'd be wrong (again). That isn't restricting your options in any way whatsoever. One option being better than others, for whatever reason, is not the same as having fewer options. This is pretty straightforwardly evident in the fact that in certain rounds fr/de or cr/bs has been superior to fi/co.

Please, you obviously don't like out of tag planets but phrase your objections in terms of improving gameplay. Calling something unfair when it just isn't is ****ing retarded and how we ended up getting into this pile of shit rule in the first place.