View Single Post
Unread 11 Jan 2006, 17:07   #22
eJohn
Tiny Dancer

eJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to behold
Re: I was wondering what you pro-abortionists thought of this

Quote:
Originally Posted by eJohn
The questions ask themselves, but im going to get slaughtered on wording as ever by the pedants. Dont question the questions, please just state how you interpret them, or state what you think the real questions and answers are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
Hi, yeah erm **** you dude.

This is a public forum and peoepl can answer how they bloody well like. First of all you put an obvious troll in your title by using the phrase pro-abortion when obviously its pro-choice, as you well know. Where you trying to funny? Its sad if you were because that distinction is key to this debate.

Secondly you have a question which is full of assumptions and then say don't question the question. Well any idiot knows that in questions of this nature the FIRST thing you do is question the question.

Thirdly the distinction in power between men and women is obviously at the heart of debate as demonstarted by everyone above. Cleary women should have control over their own bodies. Your placing of your choice theft views is at least full disclosure that you have failed ot think aboutthis issue to any extent.

You have to ask why "balance" is good, or what "balance" even means. This words is important because balance sounds like a good thing, it implies something works. Well why would a society of equal men and women work better then one without?

Also it is clear when decirbing a social trend that although we talk of choice and all these families choosing male babies, what is actualyl occuring is an economic trend, so the best question is to to ask what the economic background to the situation is, why aren't women economically more independent in India?

So your questions show a complete lack of appreciation for the situation and thus should clearly be questions.

Your last question is mildly interesting but I assume its implying that there are lots of frustrated blokes out there unable to find a girl and so they are committing sexual assault. I have doubts about this.

I think in this issue we need not look much further than the gigantic social inequality in India for all sorts of disturbing effects.

You may claim that you anticpated this reply, but you were being shit so you can expect to get called on that.

I enjoy how you go on to talk about me trolling apparently but fail to actually read what i wrote. I was saying "if you dont think the questions im asking are relevant then fine, answer what questions you do think are relevant" which would have singlehandedly stopped one line "its a womens choice" or "its pro choice not pro abortion you fag" replies. Congratulations, you singlehandedly deliberately misinterpreted my post and set the thread back.

Going back to the "is abortion right" argument isnt going to help anyone (which is why i stated my view and left it at that). But if you're going to try and enforce your _personal_ view of liberty and human freedoms, mine is that a women's choice / parents choice is before you put your ****ing cock in someone. Everyone has a choice, its just your point of view tends to ignore that blindingly obvious fact.

May i just say as well that although i dont respect your point of view (pro-choice for whatever reason imaginable disgusts me), i do acknowledge that it is a widespread point of view. But whats the point? You're never going to convince me i'm irrational and im never going to convince you your point of view is pretty revolting. So why bring the whole argument back up again?

Pro-choice, pro-abortion. I dont care. You've gone ballistic over a choice of words, which i wont apologise for. Its nitpicking, and im not trying to hide my bias.

Again, im asking questions, not stating facts. Interpret them and answer them or state what you think is relevant all you want, im not claiming to have all the answers. Youd love it if i was though.

As to the sexually motivated assaults, the reason i phrased that as a question is because im pretty confident i read something about that in china & hong kong somewhere, but as of yet, i havent looked up a source. I wondered if anyone else had any info.
[16:09] <eJohn> im still standing
eJohn is offline   Reply With Quote