View Single Post
Unread 6 Mar 2007, 17:01   #6
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Are people in need of help or a smack?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharur
Why is it that lone parents have a lack of formal qualifications?
Not all of them obviously, but some interrupted their education to have kids in the first place and others are just more likely to fall into that category. Not a majority, but a disproportionately high number.

As for "Well, employers wouldn't care" I'm pretty sure (irrespective of the law) do keep in mind what a "burden" it is employing someone who is a lone parent. If the kid is sick, the person will probably be late, or take time off. If their babysitter is ill, they will take time off, etc, etc.

Either way, I'm pretty sure if you walked into an interview and said "I've not worked for 12 years" then that might count against me.

Also, a big issue which I forgot to mention is the very high cost of childcare which is a major barrier to re-entering the job market.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote