View Single Post
Unread 14 Jun 2007, 17:09   #86
zokka

zokka has a spectacular aura aboutzokka has a spectacular aura aboutzokka has a spectacular aura about
Re: [Football] Summer Transfers

Where you beaten up on Newcastle or something because this is one of the most malicious post's I've ever seen or maybe it's because you couldn't hold on to James milner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
Ah yes, I think the moment Kevin Keegan came out with the "We are everyone's second team" I wanted to throw up.
The premiership is the most popular league on the planet you can not deny Newcastle where a very entertaining team under Keegan they certainly didn't tune into watch Aston villa lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
Don't worry. I don't think Newcastle are a big club. A club with an ego? Yes. A club who think they are better than they are? Yes. A club who live in the clouds? Yes. No one mention the 80s to Newcastle fans.
No one mention the 80's to Aston villa either!I don't get what point your trying to get across lots of clubs have bad times. How do i have a ego and you don't your the one saying villa will Finnish 6th lots of fans over rate there team your one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
Sunderland. Now they are a big club. They don't shout about how great they are. They are humble. And in all honesty they have just as many supporters. Just because half of devon don't support them on Sky tv doesn't mean they are not a big club. (Of course I am baiting you, but there are some things that I have put down which is truthful.)
Are you a Sunderland fan in disguise or something? I don't get your point if Sunderland are a big club then how are Newcastle not? I'm not the one shouting on how big there club is you are.

I never started this conversation about big club was it was you and wakey who did that. Newcastle fans don't go around oh where going to win the premiership every season! The reason roader went is that he didn't improve on last years performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
Let me see Aston Villa (as many posters have pointed out) haven't finished anything higher than 6th in the last ten years. We were almost relegated last season. We have one of the smallest squads in the premiership. And for a large part of the season we have been playing with half of our youth squad.
Ummm so did i miss something?the exact same thing happened with Newcastle this season we even had three goal keepers out at one point! Newcastle have a small squad too. Aston vila have 25 i think and Newcastle have 28. but i maintain we had a much worse injury list than you had.
Owen, Given, Dyer to name just a few.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
At the start of the season we went 11 games unbeaten, end of the season we went xyz games unbeaten it was in the middle that let us down. If we would have sorted the middle part out, forget uefa cup, we would have been looking at Champions League. The failures in the middle part of the season (November to February, Villa didn't play a league game in March) was down to a lack of strikers.
Now who has there head in the clouds, champions league get off it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
Long term doesn't really exist at Newcastle - you're either successful or you are shown the door, it's as simple as that.
Where not that unreasonable are we uefa cup spot wasn't too much to ask was it?
zokka is offline   Reply With Quote