View Single Post
Unread 14 Jun 2007, 00:11   #79
Maladoni
Infrequent

Maladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud of
Re: [Football] Summer Transfers

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken

Sunderland are one of the best supported teams in recent years, home and away. Especially away, their away fans are a magnificent bunch.
Seconded, sticks in the throat but they are superb. I respect them. Would you say the same of Southampton?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
To be fair Allardyce is at the mercy of one of the most fickle clubs in football.

Long term doesn't really exist at Newcastle - you're either successful or you are shown the door, it's as simple as that.
How many times? How many times Lok? Like Sunderland we have bounced ala rubber marble for many years. The last decade we have had relative stability along with a few dreams, and the occasional broken heart.

Year after year we have been told from the top and from the players what a great club we are and what we are going to do. It never happens but we support the team on mass. If the situation was reversed and Sunderland had stability and Newcastle yoyo'd would you be saying how great the Newcastle support was and how fickle the Sunderland fans was? Maybe, maybe not.

To call us ‘fickle’ is a gross misunderstanding, and at best the smug attitude of an over achiever club supporter. We are no different from the Mackams, 'sing your hearts out for the lads'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
I'd also say that your hypothesis that "big clubs always get big again" lacks sufficient evidence
It's a good point, we could be the next Blackpool or Royal Engineer's. Just bear that in mind Lok. We know we aint "big" but Fickle, Grr daft lad.

I've said often enough as you know Pompy has a fantastic support, but for the life of me I could not tell you why?

So in respect don't call us fickle.

Last edited by Maladoni; 14 Jun 2007 at 00:18.
Maladoni is offline   Reply With Quote