Thread: Year-ish out.
View Single Post
Unread 5 May 2006, 11:09   #1
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future
Year-ish out.

So I just found out that I have to repeat this year in uni, after failing a vital module However, determined to look on the bright side of things I come to GD for assistance in filling a year which proves to be somewhat empty.

The thing is, I have passed all my other modules so far, and am still to take the tests this month for the rest. So if I repeat, I'll only have one module for a whole year, and it doesnt even start 'till November

Basically i'm looking for a time filler, there are a number of options on the board already and there are pros and cons to each one.
I'll point out that I cant go travelling sadly, as I already put down a deposit on a new student house with a lease for a year (ouch £200) so bear that in mind if you're making a suggestion. (I dont mind going away for ~months but best not to make it too long if possible)

So I was thinking:
  • Get a job

This could be as a civil servant or in a bank temporarily or some such. Currently I work in Tesco part time, so I suppose I could ask for full time hours in the meantime, but I want to retain a part of my soul for later life.

• Get incredibly fit

At the minute I would be around average fitness, so I was thinking about getting back into training properly and becoming fit again.

...Er thats it im afraid!
Please save me from wasting this 'oppertunity' (thinking happy thoughts!) GD!
Any and all suggestions are most welcome.