View Single Post
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 15:00   #39
Zoro

Zoro has a spectacular aura aboutZoro has a spectacular aura aboutZoro has a spectacular aura about
Re: Congratulations Ascendancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_ View Post
There are people who step up and take responsibility, do politics, raids etc.
The lack of titles such as DC, BC and HC just mean that anyone can step up to do it when they want, and it provides far more efficiency. When there are defcalls, in regular alliances you have just the DCs dealing with them and they're often incredibly secretive in their own channels. We have, literally whoever the **** wants to, stepping up and taking the calls, doing them in #ascendancy and therefore having the input of everyone who is around rather than just "the supah 1337 secret cru" who are in the DC channels.
As for attacks, yes it's usually the same people organising our raids but that tends to be because a. others can't be bothered and b. the people dealing with politics may have specific targets in mind. The shared sense of responsibility and lack of BCs who are expected to sort stuff encourages people to sort their own day raids and launch/recall missions in wartime.
I think this was epitomised when we fought Omen before CT dropped the NAP; we didn't just have "BCs" setting up attacks, we had dozens of people making sure that everyone who entered the channel had fleets moving, with different people setting up teamups and defdraw missions all over the place. Spreading the load makes it so much easier.

The only thing that may be a little harder to get involved with is politics because you generally need to discuss it with those who are already involved and see what they are doing/have done and tell them that you want to contribute in some way. And these people will be completely open with you if you ask them what's going on, because secrecy is shit.

You're making it sound like we're cocky and think this round has been easy. It hasn't, it's been damn hard and a load of effort has been put into it.
It all sounds like a great way to run an alliance.
Ok
I'm sold - I'll join
Zoro is offline   Reply With Quote