View Single Post
Unread 6 Jul 2010, 10:54   #296
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: World Cup Prediction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran View Post
Somehow, during this WC they fail to impress or atleast fail to be consistent.

Ok. Let me rephrase this very carefully now. I can agree that Rooney's a brilliant player. I can also agree that Xavi and Iniesta are brilliant players. I always liked Carlos Valderrama. Lothar Matthäus was an inspiration to me when I was a kid.

However, this isn't about who can be this and that if they play to their very best. Currently, what I personally feel the reason to Spain's relatively poor scoring record is that they're having difficulties creating sufficiently good scoring chances against most teams. A lot of their efforts are just "shots". While say, Germany, or Netherlands, are able to play ball around, find space, and find opportunities. Why? Because they've got less flair, poorer pass, poorer creativity? No. The contrary. Whether this is due to Xavi and Iniesta being on poor form or them being crud is not very relevant to the result. Spain will need to show more creativity, more flair, and more ability to break down defenses to find themselves in the better picks to put the ball into the net.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote