View Single Post
Unread 30 May 2010, 15:42   #72
Membrivio
Leader of the Membrivians

Membrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to behold
Re: World Cup Prediction Thread

Hmm funny to see just our neighbours (m0 (Germany) and VDM (Belgium) talk about The Netherlands.

Imo they have a solid squad with a exceptional attacking force. I mean:

Attack: Van Persie/Robben/Kuyt/Elia (watch this fellah! He's awesome!)
Midfield: Sneijder/Van Bommel/Van der Vaart/De Jong/Afellay (watch him too! Topclub soon)
Defence: Heitinga/Matthijsen/Gio/Van der Wiel (Least strong part of the team although they are good at keeping nill)
Goalkeeper: Stekelenburg (Steady keeper of Ajax)/Boschker (experienced)

I think they make a good chance reaching at least SF. That is: if we can keep Van Persie & Robben fit.

Other favourites:
* as usual the Germans. Don't underestimate their players: Podolski, Trochowski, Lahm, Özil, Schweinsteiger, Cacau, Müller, Klose, Gomez, etc. are all good to excellent players. Add their standard team spirit and there is a contender for SF as well.
* Ivory Coast: damn strong players. If they can make a team out of it, watch out!
* Argentina: Any team with Messi in it is favourite
* Serbia: strong Balkan mofo's with an excellent technique. Excellent defence, excellent midfield, okay attack.
* Spain: excellent team. Do I need to say more?

Brazil won't make it it is just not good enough. Although Dunga may prove me wrong by making it a real team.
Portugal: CR9 won't do it... again. Almost every big Portugal game he's a failure.

So, last four: The Netherlands, Germany, Spain and Serbia. An all European finish! \o/ (I don't know whether this is even possible with the schedule :P )
R35/36: p3nguins
R37: Evolution
R48: ODDR
R49: CT
[KB] [Mercenaries] [p0ny]

The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything. (J.W. Goethe)
Membrivio is offline   Reply With Quote