View Single Post
Unread 2 May 2009, 16:06   #11
[JungleMuffin]

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about
Re: Anti Asc Allstars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeyi View Post
Then there's the ascendancy spies (or friends) that would relay all the attacks straight back to #ascendancy.

It's possible to beat asc but not like this. People think asc can be beaten in one round, which is a ridiculous concept - you want to topple PAs greatest alliance with an alliance that essentially has no core, no understanding/experience of their tools and no concrete foundations of leadership.

If I started an alliance next round with 30-40 members, built some awesome tools and had a solid round to a top 10 position. Then proceeded to a second round building on my memberbase, with a core who now understand the tools, the strategy and the inner workings of our alliance we'd maybe end in a top 5 position perhaps.

I'd say by then the alliance is noticed, I can recruit some more decent players with a reasonable core already established for a third round, probably able to now fill out the tag. Basically, maybe and only maybe after 2-3 (or even more rounds) would my alliance be ready to take on ascendancy and win. Although I imagine we'd lose at least once or twice first.

My point is it would take time, organisation and teamwork over more a lot more than 1 round. If Omen had survived R30 maybe they'd have stood more of a chance R31 with the quitters gone and most spies sussed out. An alliance cannot just get 90 members in a single round and work. You need to build up, establish things correctly and not run in blindly at PT72 declaring war on ascendancy.
I think the concept of what i am proposing is slightly different than what you are thinking. Im not proposing an alliance, as i believe you are. Im proposing that we get a group of players together who have the same goals, ie bring balance to ze force . I think this is inherently different than forming/building an alliance, in that the people involved are generally only interested in themselves. Id intend this to be somwhat different. Somewhat akin to the guys with the masks in V for Vendetta. No me, no I, no my planet, my rank. Just fight Asc.
^^^^ Can you blv that sh*t?
[JungleMuffin] is offline   Reply With Quote