Thread: Lib Dems
View Single Post
Unread 29 Feb 2008, 00:45   #50
Hebdomad
I ♡ ☠

Hebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Lib Dems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
Well this is the thing.However the assumptions this argument is based on are questionable. Ie that the Parliamentary, representative democracy, national government system is something that can be fixed.
However it can be improved.

Let's say there is a change in the social fabric of the UK. Even then we'll still have divergent opinions and ideas which will need a fair form of representation, one based on proportional representation.

From what I can tell we both support the PR system and both wish for social change, but it seems to me you would like to achieve social change in different manner. I would prefer change gradually through proportional representation. Perhaps you wish that the current system fail which would enable us to start again?
Hebdomad is offline   Reply With Quote